It's not that things aren't happening in our lives. Rest assured that we are keeping busy. We just don't have regular internet access and when we do get on the internet, the time is spent checking e-mail, paying bills, playing on Facebook... You know, the really important things. Right. So it's time for a little update, sorry that there are no pictures to go with it.
Per is doing very well. He is growing and learning lots every day. His height and head circumference are in the 99th percentile, but his weight is the 31st percentile. He clearly takes after his dad, very tall and very thin. He talks and chatters all the time now, unless there is an unfamiliar face nearby. He has started to say things like "all done," "Mama," "Dada," "PerPer," "outside," "up," "down," and of course (his first and still favorite word) "NO." He draws out the the nnn sound at the beginning and it makes it sound quite emphatic. It's really cute, until he says "all done" at the table and he's not all done. I tell him to please eat a few more bites and he says, "nnnnno!" Even then it's still kind of cute, but I can see that there will be a time in the not-too-distant future when it will no longer be terribly cute. He walks everywhere, including up and down stairs by himself, though Zak or I always hover near, nervously wringing our hands. Per loves reading and will often climb into the recliner in his room and ask for books. He then sits and turns pages quite contentedly and will do this for as long as twenty minutes as long as he has a good supply of books. He is so much fun and has the best laugh. We love having him.
I am staying home with Per now, I can't remember if I have posted that I quit working at the CU in June. I am grateful that I can stay home with him and spend the days taking care of him. I was called to the Primary presidency in our ward very recently and am enjoying that, although today was my first official day as the first counselor. It's my first time in Primary since I was a kid, so I am sure that it will be a very eye-opening experience for me.
Zak is teaching 7th grade English at a middle school here, and is enjoying it. There are definitely a few challenges, but that is to be expected when dealing with 12- and 13-year-olds. For the most part, he really enjoys it and the kids are fairly well-behaved. He is teaching in the Primary and is glad that I am also in Primary so that he never has to be separated from Per during church on Sunday.
We enjoyed a very nice Thanksgiving at Zak's sister's house (thanks again, Nik!) and are looking forward to a quiet and relaxing Christmas break. Happy Holidays to all!
How to homeschool a kid who hates to write
2 months ago

1 comments:
While going through my blog list today, I wondered about you guys. Good to read an update! Glad you are all doing well and experiencing the fun of "NO". ;)
Post a Comment