Tuesday, October 11, 2005

The Weekend

Friday night Zak and I went to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and enjoyed it. There were some noisy kids in the row in front of us and I shushed them, as I am wont to do when someone is annoying in a public place such as a movie theater. Only after I shushed them did I realize that I closed a loan with the parents a couple of weeks ago while the kids ran around my desk screaming and shoved crayons down the vent by my desk. Weird. I guess you just never know, do you?
Saturday morning (well, okay, it was actually afternoon by the time we got up and got ready, but it's Saturday, right?) we went to the temple, which was nice. The afternoon was laundry time, which went surprisingly fast this time for some reason, and Zak played Halo with his brothers until about 10:30pm. I read my book until it was time to go. I was rather impressed at the time--usually when Halo is involved, it's the wee hours before I get to go home. They have a projector in the basement and use one of the basement walls for the screen. It covers the whole wall! Crazy. But fun for them.
Sunday I had a little adventure I like to call "falling down." I was trying to shave my legs (eww, gross, I know) and was bracing one leg against the wall. My other leg slipped in the tub and in trying to catch myself, I fell backwards out of the tub, bringing down the shower curtain and spraying shaving cream everywhere. It was a pretty loud thump, but Zak was asleep and so didn't think anything of it...I managed to get myself up off the floor and finish shaving and so on. It was actually kind of funny, now that there's a little time that's passed. I only have one small bruise on my shoulder and am otherwise unharmed. I was in a lot of pain on Sunday, though. Youch!
Yesterday was Columbus Day (celebrated on Wednesday the 12th) and so I had the day off. Hooray!! I slept in a little, got a few errands done, went to a movie by myself, and went shopping. The movie was great! I saw Just Like Heaven with Reese Witherspoon and Mark Ruffalo. It was a DPS, which in girl-language means it was super-fabulous.
I did a little birthday shopping with some bonus money from work and got a few things for work. My first pant-suit! You know, I had a little mini-epiphany the other day as I drove home from work: I am getting old. I listen to Q92.9 soft rock and I like it. And now I have a pant-suit. Woe is me.
My shopping finds also included one pair of sandals...I know they aren't for work, but they were on clearance for $14.99 (down from $44.99, as if that makes any difference - I sure wouldn't have purchased them at that price!). I have been looking for more dressy brown sandals (they are HARD to find, too--everything is black!) and so I was excited when I found these. It was lovely. Zak and I spent the evening hanging out. I also re-organized the closet and cleaned out some DI items. That's always somewhat liberating, I find.
So that's basically the weekend. I am at work today and feeling good. Not really busy, but that's okay. Tonight is Gilmore Girls and probably early to bed. I am feeling pretty contented with life at the moment. Hopefully you are all feeling the same.

0 comments: