Sunday, August 31, 2008

BHFL


This is probably Per's most common pose, which we like to call Bunny Hands and Frog Legs, or BHFL for short. Hence the title of the blog. Per is three weeks old and we are having a lot of fun with him. We're getting a lot less sleep than we used to also, but he more than makes up for it when he smiles at us. Yeah, yeah, it's probably just gas. You don't have to tell me that. Let me think that he's smiling because he knows I'm his mom and Zak's his dad. Pretty soon, he will be smiling because he recognizes us. Incidentally, the stain on the couch is from Per, too. I realized about 1.3 hours after we got home from the hospital that I needed to buy a bottle of stain remover for upholstery and carpet.
We'll continue to keep updates coming as we have time!

p.s. Before we had a baby, we always thought we'd never be those parents who told stories about their kids that no one else cared to hear. We have since realized that no parent can really help it. The kid is just so darn adorable (and I mean that "so" ... don't care who you are ...).
Additionally, I would just like to say that Zak has been utterly captivated by Per. Zak is sitting next to me holding Per as I type this, and he just said that to Per, who is starting to wake up. Zak also just told Per that he'll never get anything productive done for the rest of his life, since he'd rather just hang out with Per than be productive. Or watch Per sleep. Or feed him. Or change his diaper. Or pretty much anything that has to do with Per. So you see, there's one of those little stories that parents tell that no one else really wants to hear. My apologies. But not really.

8 comments:

Jill said...

No need to apologize. Every parent (I hope) knows how wonderful each and every new baby thing is. Blog away. This reader doesn't mind at all. Besides, he is cute, so that makes it all the better.

Carolyn said...

He is so darn adorable! :-) And the baby only gets more adorable (yes, it's possible) once you start getting more sleep and you know for sure those smiles are recognition. And keep the stories coming - we all love them!

S.T. Lewis said...

What a cute picture. And hey - you made it through the first three weeks! Those were the worst for us, I think. Real smiles are the best... when you know they're intentional... but those first ones are great too. Babies are great. I'm glad you're enjoying your little Per.

Mom said...

He is so cute. Glad that he can still wear the outfits.

Candyce said...

awww.... we always all knew that Zak was just a big softy. He is a great dad and you are a great mom! It has been fun to watch you guys. We will have to have you guys and Megan and Darin over for dinner sometime... so you guys can see the babies. And so Rhett and I can bask in the glow of your children so we don't have to have our own!! haha, kidding.

David said...

Ditto ditto ditto! Love the updates, pics, and stories. Thanks for sharing! :)

--dave

David said...

It's been OVER A MONTH!!! I need BHFL updates. :) Hope all is well!

--dave

Jamie said...

Yeah, seriously Sarah. More pictures of Per please!