Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Shamefully overdue

It's been a few weeks since I last blogged and I have no excuse. Just lazy, I guess. Things are going great in Logan. Zak is finishing up the fall semester (well, kind of - there are five and a half weeks left) and is doing well in all of his classes. I am still enjoying work. Nothing too exciting to report.
I guess maybe that's why I haven't written - I have nothing exciting to say. I am looking forward to Christmas and almost have all my shopping done. My plan is always to be done by the last day of November, just so I can enjoy the Christmas season without having to shop during the month of December. I think I am well on my way to achieving that goal this year.
It has been quiet for the last week or so. Rhett, Candyce, Burke, Britt, and Kurt have been in Taiwan. They return late Friday night and Zak is excited to have his best friends back. (We have been enjoying hanging out with Spack, however, during the absence of the other best friends.)
I guess that's about all I have for right now. I'll try to have a more exciting life so that I can write more often.
Wait a minute - I forgot all about Halloween! Here's a little bit about our Halloween 2005: Zak and I carved a pumpkin (the first I can remember doing - Mom, maybe you can correct my faulty memory - did we ever carve pumpkins when I was a kid?) on Saturday night. I have secretly named him Arthur and am very proud of how he turned out. (Zak gave him some wicked cool eyebrows.) He is still sitting on our front porch, despite Zak's penchant for smashing pumpkins on Halloween night. Thank goodness. Halloween night was a fun night - we went to Zak's parents' house and then went to a neighbor's to get donuts. Yum! After that, we brought my bookcase back to our house! It is beautiful, and looks fabulous in our front room. (Thank you Larry and Barb!) I am so excited that I have been able to unpack my books and use my lovely bookends (thank you Zaky)!
As we were getting ready for bed Monday night, we remembered that Zak had signed up to close up the church that night, so we drove over to the church building (and because it was Monday, it was already all locked and we just had to check the doors - my clever husband was counting on that). We had a race to see who could check more doors. It was pretty fun. Hopefully that wasn't bad to run and be a little rowdy on church grounds. Well, actually, if they let young women play basketball inside the church, there's no reason we can't run around outside the church. There. My conscience is soothed. It was fun. Whew! Am I ever glad I remembered that story! I do have things to say. What a fun surprise.
You guys take care.

0 comments: