March is starting in a very blustery and windy way! We have had some snow, but most of it has melted off, though it stays bitterly cold (to me--to Dad, it would be "refreshingly brisk"). Today our little CU branch is being rocked by crazy-fast wind. Hopefully the electricity stays on!
Well, let's see. I'm right on schedule for my once-a-month post. I talked to Dad the other night, and he mentioned that it had been a while since my last post... sorry about that! Well, here's the update on Zak and Sarah for all of you who have been dying to know...
Zak continues to do well in school. This week is spring break, and he is spending lots of time reading and researching for one of his big semester projects. He continues to work with his dad doing construction. Work is going about the same for me as it was at the time of my last post. Quiet, but that's to be expected at this time of the year. Other than that, life is going on as it usually does.
We just got a new couch. The neighbors across from Zak's parents are moving and are cleaning out things that they do not want to take with them. So we got a green couch that has a hide-a-bed. It's pretty comfy to sit on. Zak watched a movie while laying on the hide-a-bed the other night after I went to sleep (so I haven't tried it out), and he says that the bed is pretty comfy too. We are excited about it. That means that we have a place for visitors to sleep... you are all welcome anytime!
In other unrelated news, Zak wants to get a new scooter. I can't say that I'm opposed to that idea. He wants to get a TN'G Milano, which is different from our current Metro in the following ways: 1-It's actually made for two people to ride, so there is a place for me to put my feet, 2-It's 150cc (Metro is 49cc). I think that's all. It is a cool-looking scooter, and would give us a more cost-effective way to get around in the summer when it is warm. It only holds 1 gallon, and goes for about 100 miles on one gallon! I would definitely rather spend $2.50 at the gas station than $35-40. We haven't decided anything yet, but I think it would be cool.
If any of you remember my reference to "24" in the last post, you will be saddened to know that Edgar Stiles is no more. He died in the last episode from being exposed to toxic nerve gas. We will all miss him. Let's have a moment of silence. Thank you.
There is a new show on TV that Zak and I checked out last week. It's called "The Unit" and features Dennis Haysbert. Any 24 fan will know that he plays President Palmer from 24. It's pretty interesting for any of you who have an interest in covert sections of the military and what they do.
I don't know if any of you have heard about a new show that HBO is airing soon called "Big Love." I read a little blurb about it online yesterday, and apparently it's a show about polygamy. Not sure that it's one I'd want to watch no matter what my religion is, but it's even more distateful to me considering that I'm LDS. It's amazing what the media is doing. And I don't mean amazing in a good way, y'know?
Um, what else, what else? Zak and I have a trip to Vegas planned in August. We got it for free, just for listening to a high-pressure presentation about buying vacation credits from a company that sells them. The highlight of that night was when the lady who was assigned to pressure us asked Zak, with almost a tear in her eye and all the appropriate dramatic pauses (she was very good), "What could be more important to you than your family?" Zak, being the jokester he is, replied, "Uh...myself?" At that, the lady looked like she was going to fall out of her chair. I think she realized we weren't buying anything at that point. It was a funny experience, especially because I know Zak was just kidding.
In other trip news - we are also planning to go to St. Louis for Christmas. I hope some of you other siblings are also planning to come! It would be great to see you.
I hope you are all well. Please email, call, post comments on my blog. I would love to heard from you!
How to homeschool a kid who hates to write
3 months ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment