Tuesday, October 24, 2006

e.g. scooters, vacation, fall

I wonder why it says "Labels for this post: e.g. scooters, vacation, fall" at the bottom of my posting page. Maybe it's because I am awful at picking titles for my posts and the friendly folks at Blogger.com decided to give me a hand. In any case, I don't have anything to post that deals with scooters, vacation, or fall, other than the fact that it is fall, I no longer ride my scooter because it is way too cold, and I could use a vacation. But, come to that, we could probably all use a vacation.
The news that I wanted to post is that I have received an offer for a new job within the credit union in the lending department. I will be starting tomorrow as a loan officer! I'll be decisioning loans now instead of merely taking applications and closing loans. I am pretty excited about this change for several reasons. First, the branch I will be working at is 7 blocks from our house. I will be able to walk or ride my bike when the weather is nice, and when it's not, I won't have to go so far. Less mileage means less gas! Second, I am no longer working with the public. It's not that I don't like people, I really do. Usually. I just don't always have quite the knack of dealing with peoples' quirks. (Translated: psychoses.) Third, I get a pay raise, which is always super nice. (By the way, these are not necessarily listed in order of importance. Or any order at all.) Fourth, I am expanding my skills and learning how to decision loans. Fifth, I will be able to go home for lunch every day. Sixth, I will be off by 5 pm most nights from here on out, which means a lot to me, since I've been working until or beyond 6 pm for the last two years. The list goes on...I am sure there are more benefits that I haven't thought of yet.
So Zak and I are both pretty excited about this new opportunity. I will be sad to leave Smithfield (or at least the new break room--uhhh, just kidding...) but it will be great to jump into a new job. The other thing that I will miss about Smithfield is our awesome Muzak. We have U2's "Electrical Storm" playing right now. You may think I'm kidding about "awesome" Muzak, but any station that plays U2 is okay with me. :) Now it's playing some 90's club tune that you would expect to find on A Night at the Roxbury. In fact, I think it was on Night at the Roxbury. Ah, blessed Muzak. I will miss you.
Aside from that news, the only other news that Knutti family members are probably not aware of is that Taylor broke his femur in his football game last Tuesday. He was at Primary Children's Medical Center in Salt Lake from Tuesday night to Friday afternoon. He had a rod put in to his femur and is recovering nicely amidst flurries of female visitors. (There have been a few male visitors, but the bulk have been female. Or at least the most persistent, right Tay?) So, we all wish a speedy recovery to Tay!

1 comments:

Katie said...

Congratulations on your promotion! Sounds like there are MANY reasons to be happy about it! I saw your mom and Wendy briefly when I was in St. Louis a few weeks ago. It was a lot of fun to visit the 'ol Frontenac Ward. Anyway. Congrats again! -Katie