Well, here we are. Mom and Dad asked for a picture for Christmas and this is it! I was mostly just excited that I finally have something to post on the blog so that it's not so... textual. Is that a word?Don't worry, Mom and Dad, I will be sending a printed copy to you. There's another picture that we took that turned out pretty well (thanks to Rhett and his magic editing skills) that I'll include at the end of this post. After watching Rhett and Burke work, I now understand why models in magazines look so good--it's got to be fake. They can make anyone look good, no matter what the original picture looks like. Not that they messed too much with our pictures. They didn't, just kind of helped it look less... old. We had some wrinkles taken out, if you can believe that. Wrinkles!
I managed to make it all the way through November without one single post. Yikes. It's a little scary how fast time passes. I have settled in nicely in the Lending Center, and now have my own cubicle in which to sit. I am feeling more and more comfortable with the job, which is nice, and it's wonderful to get off work at 5 pm and be home by 5:05 pm. Love it!
So here's the recap for the last month and a half: Thanksgiving was good. We spent the day in Millville with Zak's family. We had a fun day and ate lots of food. We also had a chance to visit with some of my family the Sunday following Thanksgiving. Zak and I went to Lehi, to Scott and Analee's new house (beautiful!) and had dinner with Scott, Analee, Karen, David, and Nicole. Also present were all the kids, who are getting so big, and are all very cute, and Nicole's boyfriend, Greg. It was a fun night, and so good to see everyone who was there.
December has been quite busy so far, what with Christmas parties and church functions. I think I just have two more gifts to buy and a few more to finish (i.e. above picture project). Other than that, we are ready!
For those of you who aren't familiar with Zak's penchant for finding, unwrapping, and rewrapping gifts before Christmas, we have started a little holiday tradition in order to compromise. I really don't like it when Zak unwraps his gift or gifts before Christmas, hello, it spoils the surprise! He loves to hunt for and unwrap gifts before the big day. He and his brothers once took a piece of drywall down in order to get at the goods when they were younger. I think the compromise that evolved for us is good. It's worked well for us so far! I have hidden (cleverly, in my opinion) Zak's hide-and-seek gifts throughout our house (usually just little items from a dollar store or someplace like that). Unfortunately, I'm not as clever as I thought, since he has already found four of the nine. But there are some that I feel confident he won't find... I hope that will be the case. I don't have many good hiding places in our house.
Starting next week I will be off work for a week, and Zak and I are thinking about taking a little road trip. We still don't know where we'll go or what we'll do, but we'll figure it out, I'm sure. Probably as we are backing out of the driveway.
That is pretty much it! No other big news to tell. We're excited for the holiday season, and hope that all of you have a great Christmas and a happy new year!

1 comments:
Nice picture - even if it's been slightly... improved. I've got some gray hair growing in now, but not enough yet that I've wanted to Photoshop it away. Good to see you back to blogging.
Post a Comment