Thursday, January 04, 2007

24 and the Wii



The following takes place between 12 pm and 1pm.

It's the first post of the new year! How exciting! Zak and I celebrated the new year by watching season 3 of 24. I hadn't seen it before, and mostly I just needed to be sure that Jack finished off Nina Myers. And he does. Whew! Sorry to any of you who haven't watched that season and were planning to... don't worry, there's plenty of other good stuff in there!
[Explanation of the picture: January 4th is Rhett's birthday - hence the cake composed of Hostess cupcakes. Unfortunately, Rhett isn't in this picture, but it's the only one I have from that night.]
I was at the doctor's office yesterday for a routine check-up and the doctor was making small talk, asking how my new years was, etc. I told him that we watched 24 for part of the weekend and he got excited. I guess he and his family are big 24 fans, too. We talked about Jack and how he's put in impossible situations, and he does some crazy stuff but it feels like it's warranted -- I mean, come on! If he doesn't do his job, the world will end! The countdown continues (I wish I could make the sound the clock makes as the seconds tick by -- you 24 fans know what I'm talking about!) ... only 10 days until season 6 premieres!
Zak and I are getting a Wii! Unbeknownst to us, our sister-in-law has a cousin who works for Nintendo. Kind of handy, huh? So our Wii is in the mail, we got a Nintendo employee discount, and we are excited. Zak has decided that we need to rearrange the house so that we'll have more room to play. (Mostly to box. I beat him at boxing when we were playing at Carolyn and Jacob's, and I think he's gunning for a rematch. Bring it on, Z!) So that is most likely what we will be doing this weekend, moving furniture and awaiting the arrival of our Wii!
Zak is gearing up to start the semester on Monday. I know he's not really excited to go back to school, but this is the third-to-last semester (keep your fingers crossed!). He will do great, like he always does.
Work is still going really well. Zak informed me yesterday that I'm happier when I come home from work now. That could be due to the job itself, or the fact that I no longer have to fight traffic to get home. Either way, it's a good thing. And that concludes today's post!

1 comments:

Katie said...

I love being able to read up on all your news! And I'm so glad that you have started to add pictures! So fun! I hope all is well! I miss you, my very best friend!