Thursday, December 06, 2007

Thanksgiving

This post is for Zak. He has been asking me to post for a few weeks now... We celebrated Thanksgiving with Zak's family in Millville and had a great meal and nice, relaxing afternoon. The highlight of the post-meal antics was a dare Zak made to Corey. We had turkey and ham, and there were some really fatty pieces on the edges of the ham.
Zak dared Corey to eat one of the fatty pieces for money. I don't remember what the initial amount was. There was a little bantering back and forth and other family members said how much they'd be willing to throw in if Corey ate this piece of fat. I think the grand total came to about $10, give or take. Then Kurt upped the ante by saying that he'd give a certain amount ($5 maybe?) if Corey let Zak lick the ham fat before Corey ate it. You get the idea -- lots of manly posturing, etc.
Finally Corey agreed to do it for the price they agreed on (whatever it was). He ate the ham fat that Zak licked. (Insert exclamation of disgust here.) I thought it was really gross, as did everyone else. I don't know where these things come from...Zak has an interesting mind.
Other than that, we've been up to our usual activities of work and school. The semester is finishing up this week and next. We'll be taking off a week from Friday for my sister's wedding in Provo and then going on a cruise to Mexico for a few days. I am looking forward to some time off!
We got our Christmas tree put up this past Saturday. We still don't have lots of ornaments after 3 1/2 years, but I think it's a pretty respectable little tree, considering. Also, the Festivus sign went up the same day and is now lit nightly. Zak is very diligent about making sure that the sign goes up and gets lit each year. Hope everyone else is enjoying the holiday season!

0 comments: