Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Chair

Zak and I have been looking for a recliner due to the impending arrival of our baby. We have a couch and we have kitchen chairs, but I was interested in finding a chair that was more comfy for feeding the child. The La-Z-Boy plant in our area is closing down very soon, so all the furniture stores were advertising a close-out on their La-Z-Boy recliners. We thought this was a perfect opportunity to find what we wanted... until we got to the first store and realized that a close-out is not the same as a sale. It just means that they want to get rid of their stock.
I found an extremely comfy chair that I really, really loved -- for $563. That wasn't really the price range we were looking for, so we decided to wait a while. We still have a couple of months before the child makes his debut, anyway.
Last week my co-worker announced that she has a La-Z-Boy recliner that she wanted to get rid of, as her sons are moving and she didn't have room at her place for their furniture. I jumped on that!
So yeah, it's a little worn and has a slip cover, and the part that you put your feet on (can't remember what you'd call that -- pregnancy brain) caves a little in the middle -- but it was FREE! All we had to do was pick it up and take it home! The best part of all, next to the chair being free, is that it is soooooo comfortable. I sat down in it last night after working all day, then cooking dinner, then going to the grocery store, then doing the dishes... and I didn't want to get up. Ah, bliss. I love our free chair!

5 comments:

Mom said...

It's called a footrest. Glad that this has worked out for you. Look forward to seeing you next week.

Mom said...

Yea, Sarah. It does look comfy.

Mom said...

That second mom was Barb. I still can't get this thing right, sorry.

David said...

I thought "mom" just had a lot to say! :)

Free and comfy...can't get much better than that!

Jill said...

LOVE our recliner. We picked it up at the RC Willey Scratch and Dent warehouse out by the SLC airport. Free is even better!! Fantastic!