Friday, August 01, 2008

The Clapper


I am at work trying not to think about how today is my due date and how I have had absolutely no indication that I will be in labor anytime soon.
Therefore, I am going to post about how much Zak and I like our Clapper. In our new apartment, the switch to the light is all the way over by the door and our bed is against the opposite wall. (I love how I make it sound like it's such a huge room. It's really not that big.) So we pulled out our Clapper and plugged a lamp into the Clapper, which is plugged in to the wall.
In our old place, we tried out the Clapper but found that we couldn't use it because the traffic sounds of motorcycles and trucks coming out of the canyon made the light flip on and off at inopportune times. Our new place is nice and quiet, and we have no problems at all with the Clapper. Plus, it's very nice not to have to get out of bed and turn off the light. (It's all because I'm closer to the door - I have to be closer to the door. I'm pregnant. And even after I'm not pregnant anymore, I have to be closer to the door to hear the baby and to get up with him in the middle of the night.)
I just clap twice, and the room is plunged into darkness. When I was a kid and saw those commercials on TV, I didn't believe that the Clapper would work. Luckily, Zak has made me a believer in the virtues and benefits of the Clapper. We might be nerds for loving our Clapper so much. I'm okay with that.
It's so simple. Clap On! Clap Off!
I love the simple joys in life.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Okay, I just tried to post a comment from google reader, I don't know if you will see it or not, but I wanted you to remember that Chad's birthday is 8/8 so that isn't such a bad day for little Per to make his entrance. I will be praying for your quick and successful/nonstressfull delivery--may it be sooner, or later.

I love you!

Jamie said...

Post as soon as you can once your little guy is here. I am anxiously awaiting to hear the news and see pictures! Good luck with everything :)

Katie said...

I love your clapper...maybe I'll have to invest in one since you make it sound so convenient! Hope you deliver that baby soon!!!!!

Katie said...

hey, just finished breaking dawn...loved it. got a little sluggish in the middle, but I'm a sucker for happy endings! I wanted to also ask you...is anyone doing a baby cross-stitch for you?? If not, I'd love to do one for you...just let me know!