Friday, February 20, 2009

One of My Other Favorite Things!

This is my beautiful new sewing machine: Here are some things that I have made with my beautiful new sewing machine:

This is our bedroom curtain (sorry the pictures aren't very good, I am such an amateur). The patches on the curtain are leftover scraps from the quilt we have on our bed so they match. Isn't that special?
I made this curtain for one of the kitchen windows out of a pillowcase from the DI. That's right, it cost $2. (I want my two dollars! -- name that movie) What a thrifty girl I am!

This is a close-up of the living room curtain. I really like the funky paisley pattern.

I had trauma trying to get this one done (made out of sheets from the DI, also, if you can believe that), but luckily everything worked out and it turned out to be the best of the curtains I made! There are a few other things I have been working on but don't have pictures of -- bibs for Per, diaper-and-wipes holders, curtains for Per's room. Sewing has become my new favorite thing to do. I am sticking to pretty basic straight-line stitching for now, but am planning to make some fabric beach balls for Per as well as some headbands for myself. It's fun being kind of crafty!

3 comments:

Jensie Simkins said...

Better Off Dead!

Mom said...

I like your machine. It looks really nice.
I like the curtains you have made. You are doing a great job. Did you look at the bib pattern that I send in an email a while back?
Keep up the good work.

Barb said...

Those are great pictures. But I have seen your curtains in person - and I am here to tell the world - that they are beautiful......you did a great job.