
I can't think of many things that are sadder than a sick baby. We are all sick right now -- Per is getting over his first double ear infection, which also included an eye infection in both eyes, and a cold on top of that; Zak and I have subsequently gotten the cold that Per had. I got it first. I like to think that's because I am Per's favorite parent to throw up all over. I think the proof is substantial -- he threw up four times last week, and I was holding him every time. Zak did get an honorary spit-up from Per, though, lest he feel left out.
The good news is that Per is on the upswing. He has taken all his antibiotics and no longer wakes up with horribly crusty eyes and nose. Now said areas of his face are just slightly crusty. Zak and I are hoping that we are on the upswing, too.
Most everything else remains the same for the time being... but we hope that our job situation will be changing Very Soon. We'll know more in a week or two, I think.
Aside from Per's recent illness, he also had his 9 month check-up recently and he is doing great! He is still in a high percentile for his head size, poor child. He's got a whopping 18 3/4 cm head -- good thing it's full of brains. He weighed in at 19 pounds 7 ounces, which is down in the 42nd percentile. This is most likely due to his insanely fast crawling. His height is 29 inches, which is in the mid-range of the percentile chart. He has started clapping his hands when he thinks he's been particularly clever, and he does this most often when he gets all the rings on the rock-a-stack (in any order at all). He also gives the best open-mouthed kisses on the cheek, which sometimes includes a little nip with his teeth, and sometimes not. You just have to ask for kisses and he'll usually oblige with one, then pull back smiling hugely. He has a new "crinkle face" which is exactly what it sounds like. He scrunches up his face as he smiles at you. Soooo cute.
It is really fun to watch him grow and learn new things!

3 comments:
I'm sorry to know that you have all been sick. You are right a sick baby is so sad and so hard, because no one get enough sleep.
Her is hoping that you are all on the mend.
Just think of all the joy we received with nine of you and all of the faces etc we got to watch.
No fun! Logan just had the cold virus/flu and is on antibiotics for an ear infection too! And I got his cold, and I was also the favorite to throw up on. Not fun! I hope Per gets feeling better soon. There's nothing worse than watching a sick baby and not being able to do much.
So sad you have a sick baby AND sick house! But it sure was fun to read and catch up with you! Per is so cute! And huge! I especially loved reading about Zak's man-love with HSM. haha. Too funny. Glad you're all doing well despite colds.
Post a Comment