Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Early

Just finished watching the movie Ondine with Colin Farrell. Weird. Weird, weird, weird. It was categorized as Sci Fi/Fantasy on Netflix. Huh. (**Spoiler Alert**) This Irish fisherman finds a woman in the sea while he's out fishing one day. His daughter (and he) come to believe that she's a selkie. It turns out that she is actually a drug mule who escaped from evil drug lords in Romania. But she "heals" the fisherman's daughter. Except it was actually just chance that an accident happened and someone was a match for the kidney transplant she needed. And it ends with a wedding.

As I'm finishing this... weird... movie, I hear Per rattling his doorknob. The rattling stops and I think that I have a few minutes to finish up what I'm doing before I go up and get him. Then I hear him coming down the stairs! He has learned to open his door. Oh, joy. When he catches sight of me, he announces, "Mama, I'm done with my nap!"

This day is beginning a bit early for me.


ps Why am I watching movies at 6:30 in the morning? Because that is my sewing time. It's the only time I can find lately to do something I like to do before the day begins. So. I like to watch movies while I sew.

Keep in mind, I don't really recommend Ondine. Too... weird.

2 comments:

Mom said...

We watched it also and your right it is weird. That was the movie we were watching the night the power went out and so we had to finish it later. We had tried to watch it one other time, but the streaming was so slow that we could not take it or figure out what was happening with the picture. Three tries and it was not worth it.

Candyce said...

We tried to watch that one too! It was weird. Rhett gets frustrated with "weird crap" so we turned it off. But I like to finish movies so now I am glad to know how it ended!

Last night I watched "The Dutchess." It was a let down and fairly trashy. All about affairs. Don't really recommend that one either!