My brothers-in-law Rhett and Burke say on their blog that they when they look at blogs, they just want to look at pictures, not read. So even though I am putting totally random (and not always very attractive) pictures on my blog that I get from Google Images, hopefully it is more fun to read my blog because I now have pictures.On Saturday morning I had the choice of staying home by myself and doing laundry or going to work with Zak and his dad for a few hours in Smithfield. They needed to hang some windows on one of the houses that his dad is building and I said I would come and offer whatever help I could, though it probably wouldn't be much. I don't think I did turn out to be much help, but I can say now that I have helped to hang windows.
Naturally these windows above look nothing like the windows we hung in the house on Saturday, but that's mostly because the house is framed in, but that's all. It's nothing by 2x4s and plywood and cement at this point.
All I had to do was hold the window in the opening while Larry and Zak measured and got it square in the opening and then Larry put screws in so I could let go of it. I was a little worried that I wouldn't be able to hold the window in because they were pretty heavy (Zak said they were pretty light compared to other windows... yikes!), but luckily I was able to hang on to them.
I also got to use a staple hammer (who knows if that's really the right name for it) to attach some insulating stuff along the bottom of the window openings. It was pretty fun! And pretty cold. I was glad to get back in the car and go home.
The Jazz played the Nuggets on Saturday night and it was a fun game to watch! They beat them 132-105. We were impressed that they went into the half with 70 points or more. They were finally playing really well together and we're hoping that they're going to keep it up for these next four road games! Go Jazz!

3 comments:
Too funny!!!
Love the random picture!
It literally made me laugh out loud.
--dave
Go you! And yes, some windows are really heavy, experience speaking. I've done quite a bit of that sort of thing as you already know. It is good experience to do that sort of thing, who knows but you may build your own house someday......
Good call on the pictures. I have a hard time reading anything that isn't accompanied by a picture. Pictures tell me very quickly what I'm about to read... or about to not read, depending on how much I like the picture. I also do better at restaurants with lots of pictures in their menus. Too many words just overwhelm me.
The Jazz are playing well. Go Jazz, and also... Go Spurs!
Post a Comment