Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Book Tag


Karen took Wendy's challenge to do the book tag on her blog yesterday and it reminded me that I haven't done it yet! Shocking, considering my recent post about my library card. So here's my page 123, fifth sentence:

"Since he hadn't been raised by her, the letter was one of the only pieces of her Dayne would ever have."

It's from a book called Someday by Karen Kingsbury. She is one of my favorite Christian authors. I love to read good stories with characters that are interesting, and I can't read all science fiction/fantasy all the time, just most of the time. So when I want a change, I read select Christian authors because I know that there will be no swearing and nothing inappropriate, unlike what you find in most popular authors' books today. Plus, the authors I read talk a lot about faith, quote scriptures from the Bible, and their characters have really good morals, which is just nice to read about.
I really love the three series that Karen Kingsbury has written about the Baxter family. They are the Redemption Series, the Firstborn Series, and the Sunrise Series. Here's the link to her website: http://www.karenkingsbury.com/. I have really enjoyed getting to know her characters and seeing their decisions and struggles in life and would recommend these books to anyone who'd like a good, uplifting read.

On an unrelated and quite sad note, the Jazz lost to the Spurs last night. I guess that the Spurs wanted to return the favor from April 4th. Oh well, at least they're in the playoffs and we'll have more basketball to watch!

1 comments:

David said...

Ya...so sorry about the Jazz. They got stomped on!