Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Happy Thoughts

The first happy thought of the day is that the Celtics won the NBA Championship last night! Go Celtics! I am so happy that the Lakers didn't win. And the Celtics are so deserving of the win - Paul Pierce was amazing through most of the series, as were Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, and the rest of the team. The whole team played fabulously last night! It was wonderful to see the Lakers shut down by the Celtics defense. The only downside of this is that now basketball is over until the preseason begins again in the fall. Sigh. At least by that time, Zak and I will have a little buddy to watch Jazz games with. Look at that -- another happy thought! Chances are he'll be sleeping through the games (or maybe that's just what I'm hoping for -- who really knows what he'll be doing?), but I think that still qualifies as "watching" as long as you're in the same room. This, of course, depends on whose definition of "watching" you're using.
Other happy thoughts of the day: I really love the song "Go Your Own Way" by Fleetwood Mac. There is something about starting my work day with that song that does me good. I don't listen to it every day, but I do listen to it at least two or three times a week. It puts me in a great mood. I sit in my little gray cubicle under the unflattering fluorescent lighting in the basement/dungeon and sing along under my breath and do a little dance in my chair. Don't tell anyone I do that though, okay?
It is so sunny and warm in Cache Valley now! This is a happy thing for lots of reasons, but mostly because we have really missed the sun and warmth (the two together) for the last several months. It's also a happy thought because I have been lucky to escape a lot of the hot weather we would normally have had for the last two months. The summer heat is a whole different ball game when you're pregnant. So, with only six weeks to go, I am grateful that I haven't had to experience the heat for the last six weeks. Plus, we have these wonderful, cool nights in Cache Valley. Can't ask for more than that!
I got to eat more cherries today for my first morning snack. They were so good!
And here's the last happy thought of the day (at least for this post): I have three brand new books at home to read. I love the public library system. This is how it works for me: I notice that new books have been published by authors I enjoy reading. I make a request for the library to purchase these titles since I really don't have $75 or more to spend on three new hardback books. The library purchases said titles. Then I pick them up and get to read them at no cost to me! So I am excited to start any one of the three once I finish reading Sense and Sensibility. I am sitting here just anticipating the enjoyment...
If any of you have happy thoughts for the day, feel free to leave them in the comments!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Great happy thoughts! Mine? I love it when made-up recipes turn out tasty. I've tasted the reverse and so appreciate the success. Mmmmm...

p.s. who is your cherry supplier?

Sarah said...

I get my cherries at Smith's, mostly because it's only 5 blocks from my house.