I don't know if threesies is a word or not, but it's what I'm calling this tag I got from my BIL Dave. It's sort of like onesies, which is a word, and one that has been on the brain at our house lately. So I think it counts. Here goes:
3 Joys
1. A really clean house. Sadly, I am not experiencing this at the moment as the hallway and rooms of our place are all lined with baby paraphenalia. Good thing we are moving very soon into a bigger place!
2. Spending time with Zak and just seeing what he's going to do next. He keeps my life very interesting. For instance, over the weekend I helped him take out the five stitches in his arm. (See knife safety post.) I held the tweezers and pulled the stitches up so they were clear of the skin while he cut the stitches, and then I pulled the stitches out of his arm. I am not a medically-inclined person. Usually I want nothing to do with any of that stuff. I can't watch a needle going into my skin. Zak gives me lots of opportunities to try new things, which is really, really good for me. (And by the way, we know we could've gone back to the Instacare to have them take the stitches out, but it was the 4th of July and they were closed and Zak really wanted the stitches out. I guess they were itching.)
3. Anticipating meeting our son for the first time. This should happen Any Time Now - 23 days until August 1st. Anticipation is wonderful. The time after he arrives will be wonderful. I'm not sold that labor and delivery will be wonderful. But I'm still looking forward to it!
3 Fears
1. I second Dave's fear of spiders and snakes. They give me the willies. I'm shuddering just thinking about them. Ew.
2. I'll admit to being a little nervous about labor and delivery. I'm a little scared of the whole thing. But I'm also pragmatic enough to realize that it's unavoidable and that everything will turn out fine, one way or another.
3. I don't enjoy change. It scares me a little to start something new or make a big change in my life. How appropriate for me that we are in the midst of some really huge changes in our lives right now. It's a good thing that Zak isn't afraid of change and helps to make it easier for me.
3 Goals
1. To get a new cell phone within the next month. You may think that's a strange goal, but Zak and I have had the same phones for (prepare to gasp) two and a half years! Our phones are not functioning as well as they used to. Sometimes the buttons don't work, mine vibrates only sporadically when it's on silent, so I miss calls all the time. Zak's is exceedingly dirty from being taken to work at the construction site. We can upgrade our phones for free with our cell phone company. We just have to do it. Zak is still deciding what he wants to do...
2. To begin packing our stuff prior to the day of the move. It's very hard to get motivated to pack when you're 9 months pregnant and it's mid-July and blazing hot.
3. To worry less. (I can hear Zak's "AMEN!" from here.)
3 Current Obsessions/Collections
1. Reading is almost always an "obsession" of mine. I haven't been reading much lately, though. But Breaking Dawn comes out on August 2nd, which you may already know is 24 days away. I think that will help to renew my reading obsession.
2. I am collecting baby stuff out of necessity. We have clothes, bath-time stuff, a crib, a changing table, diapers, wipes, blankets.... the list goes on. And it's all piled in the front room and hallway.
3. I guess I'm a little obsessed with all the clutter in my house, as I have now mentioned it twice in one post. And I've been thinking about it the whole time I've been writing this. I really don't like clutter.
3 Random Surprising Facts About Myself
1. I think it still surprises people that I like watching basketball as much as I do. Go Jazz!
2. I actually have learned to accept a little bit of clutter and even to occasionally leave the dishes in the sink for a day or two. (Or four or five... Hey! I said it was hard to get motivated to do anything when 9 months pregnant in mid-July. I meant it, too.)
3. It has really surprised me how much I have missed riding my bike and going on scooter rides with Zak this summer. I tried one short bike ride a few months back and realized after it was done that it was not a good plan for a pregnant girl. I really, really miss the evening scooter rides when the air is a little cooler and it feels great to be outside, feeling the wind rushing by.
The tag is open to anyone who wants to participate!
How to homeschool a kid who hates to write
2 months ago

1 comments:
clutter. me too. remember "mom's bin" or better yet currently mom's desk in the office? hmm, i wonder where we got weird about clutter:) love you mom! and good luck with the move sarah!
Post a Comment