I saw this meme on Jill's blog this morning and thought it looked fun. And since I'm suffering from brain shrinkage, it doesn't require me to be excessively creative, which is good!
1. Last Movie I Saw in A Movie Theater? A 9 pm showing of The Dark Knight a little over a week ago. I was having a really hard time staying awake toward the end though, so I'm a little hazy as to what happens at the very end of the movie. Darn, guess I'll just have to see it again!
2. What Book Are You Reading? Shadow Gate by Kate Elliott - This is one of those fantasy series that is just getting started - Shadow Gate is book 2. I love books that have several story lines going on at one time and lots of interesting characters! The next book I'll be reading is Breaking Dawn.
3. Favorite Board Game? We have a lot of board games, but Zak and I rarely play any of them. Though lately we really like Guess Who?. We must both be regressing to our childhoods. At least we're regressing together!
4. Favorite Magazine? I don't read a lot of magazines -- The Ensign is the magazine I read the most, so I guess that makes it my favorite!
5. Favorite Smells? I love the smell of clean laundry just out of the dryer and baking bread. Mmmm. Especially cinnamon bread.
6. Favorite Sounds? Maybe it's corny, but I love hearing my baby's heartbeat with the Doppler thingie. It reassures me that he's doing okay. And Zak's singing, even though he thinks that I think he has no musical talent. Who cares if he sings the wrong words and makes up his own words when he doesn't know the words and sings whatever tune or in whatever key he wants? It's one of his most endearing traits.
7. Worst Feeling in the World? Getting bad news of any kind.
8. First Thing You Think of When You Wake? "Still not in labor... darn."
9. Favorite Fast Food Place? Wendy's Dollar Menu
10. Future Child’s Name? I can't tell you. Well, I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. We have to keep our childrens' names confidential until they actually arrive so that no one else uses them (this is, of course, by Zak's request, because the names are so cool that others would immediately want to use them).
11. Finish This Statement - “If I Had a Lot of Money…" I'd buy a big house where we both could live (who knows what movie that song lyric comes from? 10 cool points if you can name it.). I'd do a lot of investing. And I would buy a house, but probably not a very big one. And I'd buy Zak a car that runs on CNG so that he only has to pay 63 cents a gallon for fuel instead of $4.09 or whatever ridiculous price gas has risen to today. Naturally, I'd share the wealth with my family, too.
12. Do You Drive Fast? Nah. I'm a speed-limit-follower.
13. Do You Sleep With a Stuffed Animal? No, I never have. I had a yellow favorite blankie that I slept with. The stuffed animals generally went on the floor at night.
14. Storms - cool or scary? I like storms as long as I'm safe inside.
15. What Was Your First Car? The first car I owned was a maroon 2003 Mazda Protege. I loved it. I wish we still had it, in fact. Then we'd have those snap-in thingies for a baby's car seat instead of having to use the seat belt to secure it and having to find one of those H-clip thingies since the seat belt is lame and doesn't lock in place.
16. Favorite Drink? Strawberry-watermelon cream slush from Sonic. Boy, that sounds good today. Hmmm... Zak might be getting a visit at the job site this afternoon from me, bearing drinks from Sonic... love that Happy Hour deal from 2 to 4 pm.
17. Finish this Statement - “If I Had the Time, I Would…" get my house organized a little better. It's actually in quite good shape, considering we have barely lived there a week. But I still wish that I had the time (read: energy) to do a little more there every day. Zak did catch me cleaning the little crevices on the washing machine with Q-tips yesterday. You know how there are little spots that collect gunky residue, and you can't clean 'em without something like a Q-tip? It's those spots like where you put the liquid bleach, or the fabric softener or whatever, and then dirt sticks to it and it's not a place that the water ever really goes to clean off the dirt and residue. I was called a nerd, and I didn't disagree. But at least the washing machine is really clean now!
18. Do You Eat The Stems on Broccoli? It depends. I usually do, unless the stem is excessively long. Then I just eat a portion of it. I don't like a lot of stem.
19. If You Could Dye Your Hair Any Other Color, What Would it Be? Dark brown - I have always been a blonde, but as I get older, my hair is getting darker. I figure if I just give in and dye it dark brown, that would save me some of this transitional time as a non-descript, "dirty-dishwater" blonde.
20. Name All the Different Cities in Which you Have Lived - Black Jack, Florissant, (those are both in St. Louis) Provo, Chesterfield, Salt Lake City, and Logan
21. Favorite Sport to Watch? Basketball (specifically Jazz basketball -- and I'd like to point out to all you fans of other teams who shall remain nameless -- the Jazz is the only NBA team that has TWO players on the USA team for the Olympics -- Go D Will and Boozer!!)
22. One Nice Thing About the Person Who Sent This to You? No one really sent it to me, but I saw it on Jill's blog. Jill has a great laugh and a great sense of humor. Her laugh makes me laugh.
23. What’s Under Your Bed? My green-lidded craft bin (hated by Zak), a plastic sweater bin full of sweaters, and a plastic bin with our extra sheets and pillowcases in it.
24. Would You Like to Be Born as Yourself Again? I think life is tough enough the first go-round. I don't know that I would want to be born as myself again and experience life all over again from babyhood to childhood to adulthood. I really like where I am in life right now. Does that answer the question?
25. Morning Person or Night Owl? Morning person, though I really, really try to be a night owl for Zak, since that's what he is. He loves staying up late.
26. Over Easy or Sunny Side Up? Fully cooked. How 'bout that? I like 'em scrambled, but they must be completely cooked, no runniness at all.
27. Favorite Place to Relax? In my bed with a good book. And lots of pillows to prop me up. I love my bed.
28. Favorite Ice Cream Flavor? Oooh. Any ice cream is good. I was thinking last night how much I'd like a raspberry frozen custard from Ted Drewes, though. I really miss Ted Drewes. Someone should really open one in Logan. We all need a little frozen custard in our lives.
29. Of All the People You Have Tagged, Who is the Most Likely to Respond First? I agree with Jill on this one, so I'll just borrow her answer: I've given up tagging. People do memes if they want to and don't if they don't.

5 comments:
I love knowing why there must be no runniness in your eggs. I think about it everytime I see a little blue egg.
And thanks for the cleaning tip. I have always hated those little crevices and never figured out how to clean them. q-tip, genius!
Also, is meme the new word for tag? I dont get it. the first time i thought you just misspelled memo, but twice, hmm. . . .
My sister has the same baby-name paranoia as you. She won't tell me the name of her child (due a couple weeks after yours) because she says people will steal it. I don't know if she understands that she is pregnant, I am not, therefore it would be pretty impossible to steal it until many many months from now. Perhaps paranoia comes with the territory? We will all be waiting with baited breath, I'm sure. Definitely adds to the baby suspense.
Karen - here's a site that explains what "meme" means: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meme
My short definition is that meme is a word for memory, so blog memes are just ideas for jogging your memory. I could be totally wrong, but that's my interpretation. So yeah, it's sort of like a tag, I guess.
And yes, you are correct. The tiny blue egg on Sandy Court will forever be burned into my memory. Ew! Yuck! The horror! Maybe one day I'll get over that, but I'm not sure. It's been like 15-20 years since that happened, right?
I'll admit...I didn't read all of this post. It was long and I have some serious narcotics working in me right now. But the parts I DID read were DANG funny.
YOU, my sweet round-bellied sister, are a funny chick! You really are. I love your humor. :)
Here's to hoping that tomorrow you will awake and say, "Oh....OOWWWWW....THIS is what labor feels like!" We'll be prayin' for ya.
--dave
You will have to let me know how Breaking Dawn is. Since we'll be more mid-move than we are now, I'm sure I'll be waaaaaaaaaay down on the library waiting list.
And thanks for the sweet comment. I love to laugh and I'm glad it doesn't annoy people when I do. Well, at least it doesn't appear to annoy you. :)
I hope you wake up with labor pains soon!!!
Post a Comment