Friday, April 29, 2011

Catch Up

Per and Daddy reading The Bears' Vacation this morning before Zak left for work.

I am pretty sure that it marks some sort of rite of passage to find a booger on the wall. I found one on Per's wall earlier this week. Ah, he's growing up so fast.

Some other tidbits about Per: He now loves toast with cinnamon and sugar. He has always loved toast, but he goes through phases with what he likes on his toast. Most recently, he loved toast with honey. I love the way he requests his toast now, though: "Mama, can I have toast with shuga-man and sugar?"

He sneezed yesterday and after doing so, said, "Bless my soul and call me silly!" That's something Zak has said since Per was very small, since Zak's sneezes are loud and used to make Per cry. He started using that saying to make Per smile instead of cry. And now Per is saying it.

Per loves Thomas the Tank Engine, and though I SWEAR I have only showed him Thomas videos a handful of times, he walks around saying, "Bust my buffers!" It's pretty cute.

Per thought it would be funny to wear Tripp's pants the other night after we took them off of Tripp. The funny thing is that they look just like a pair of shorts he would normally wear except for the snaps on the inside of the legs.

Per's favorite days of the week are Saturday and Sunday, since those are the days that Daddy is home all day and available to play. Also, on Sunday he gets to go to nursery and play with the toys, which he loves. He could do without the other kids, but he generally plays just fine when they are there.

We are the Bear den leaders in our ward, so we have a den meeting at the church two or three times a month. We hold that meeting in the nursery to help Per and Tripp be less bored. Per has taken to calling it "nursery cub scouts" and loves to say that he plays with Caleb and Payton in nursery cub scouts. He doesn't. They just show up, we do the activity, and then we hang around and play with the toys in the nursery or play basek-ball (Per's way of saying basketball) in the gym.

There's a view of those top teeth.

Tripp is a fast little baby -- he crawls up the stairs SO quickly! He is cruising along furniture more and more lately and tries to stand by himself often. He always has an extremely surprised look on his face when he falls down.

He is already learning how to push Per's buttons and likes to crawl all over Per when we read books together. He is also adept and pulling Per's hair and ears (playfully, of course) when we read together. Per is pretty good-natured about it, but when he has had enough he lets Tripp know.

Tripp wakes up a lot at night. Some nights are better than others, but he is slowly learning how to sleep for longer periods at a time. In fact, he has been asleep for six hours straight as I write this. It feels like a miracle!

Not a great picture since it's all blurry, but his face was so cute. I love Tripp's laugh.

Tripp is also a really good eater. He doesn't love baby food so much anymore, though he does tolerate some of the vegetables and likes most of the fruits. What he really wants is normal, big-person food. He devours anything we give him and wails if we don't share what we're eating. It's fun to see his personality emerging.

1 comments:

Mom said...

I love the pictures of Tripp. That is quite a smile.
I like the pictures of Per also.