Lately Per loves to help me cook. He loves to stir things, to "knock down" the bread in the toaster, to turn on the Kitchen Aid, and he also LOVES to do the dishes. Like, he loves doing dishes more than he loves meatballs. And he loves meatballs. A LOT.
Here are just a couple of things that Per has said recently that I found funny:
The other day I was sitting at the computer working on paying bills and budgeting for a few minutes. Tripp was playing in his high chair and Per was in his favorite nook in the kitchen – under the computer desk. To tease him, I put my feet on him and started talking about how I loved this warm, soft footstool I had to rest my feet on. He immediately pushed my feet and legs away and said, “Mama, keep your feet to yourself please.”
Per likes to say (especially to Tripp), “If you don’t stop (insert action to stop here), there’s going to be a problem.”
Another thing Per likes to say to Tripp is, "That is not for you. Sorry, buddy. Sorry, kiddo. You may not have that."
We were saying a prayer before Per's nap time/rest time today. Here’s a pretty close rendition of what Per said, “Dear Heavenly Father, thank you Daddy can have a good day at work. Bless that we can sing Old MacDonald. Bless that we can sing the next verse. Bless that we can sing the tractor. And the tractor says, 'Chug, chug, chug.' Thank you for this body. Thank you for Mom’s body. Thank you for Tripp’s body so he can poop. Thanks for Dad’s body.” And then he closed the prayer, though not without giving Mom a little chastising swat since I had started shaking with silent laughter at the “poop” line. Kids are so great.
This just in: Per is eating a popsicle at the kitchen table and he just said to Tripp, "Trippton, that's cold, brotha!"
Here are just a couple of things that Per has said recently that I found funny:
The other day I was sitting at the computer working on paying bills and budgeting for a few minutes. Tripp was playing in his high chair and Per was in his favorite nook in the kitchen – under the computer desk. To tease him, I put my feet on him and started talking about how I loved this warm, soft footstool I had to rest my feet on. He immediately pushed my feet and legs away and said, “Mama, keep your feet to yourself please.”
Per likes to say (especially to Tripp), “If you don’t stop (insert action to stop here), there’s going to be a problem.”
Another thing Per likes to say to Tripp is, "That is not for you. Sorry, buddy. Sorry, kiddo. You may not have that."
We were saying a prayer before Per's nap time/rest time today. Here’s a pretty close rendition of what Per said, “Dear Heavenly Father, thank you Daddy can have a good day at work. Bless that we can sing Old MacDonald. Bless that we can sing the next verse. Bless that we can sing the tractor. And the tractor says, 'Chug, chug, chug.' Thank you for this body. Thank you for Mom’s body. Thank you for Tripp’s body so he can poop. Thanks for Dad’s body.” And then he closed the prayer, though not without giving Mom a little chastising swat since I had started shaking with silent laughter at the “poop” line. Kids are so great.
This just in: Per is eating a popsicle at the kitchen table and he just said to Tripp, "Trippton, that's cold, brotha!"

3 comments:
Just tooooo cute sayings. Kids really special aren't they.
Give Per and Tripp hugs from Oma and Opa.
Flippin hilarious, brotha!
The funny thing is I can hear you saying those things to Per to! :) I tell you, Dad's file of Nik's sayings was a great idea, I have one on each of my kids.
Post a Comment