Here are some pictures of more Wii-playing. Zak and I are playing Rayman's Raving Rabbids in the first one -- we were doing a dance competition. (This was a few weeks ago.) I really like the game, though it isn't Zak's favorite. It has a variety of games, some of which are really fun, while others are just okay. The last two pictures are from the birthday celebration last night. Zak is performing surgery in the middle picture. Trauma Center has turned out to be pretty cool, as long as you skip all the boring dialogue. The last picture is of the guys playing Mario Kart. It's funny that we bought the Wii, and it seems like the games that everyone gets the most enjoyment from are the old school Nintendo games. Anyway, that's what we look like while playing the Wii. Pretty exciting stuff.
I don't know of anything too exciting to report other than our impending trip to St. Louis. Zak and I are going to St. Louis in March and we're really excited to see my parents and Zak's sister and her family. It will be great! I will only be there for about five days, but Zak gets to spend a week and a half, lucky kid! We will meet Crede, Nikkol and Corey's third baby, for the first time. I'm sure that we will have lots of fun.
School is going well for Zak. He is observing at one of the middle schools and taking several secondary education classes, and one grammar class that is the current bane of his existence. Every day we are inching closer to his being done with school, and that is a good thing!
Work is still going well for me. My job has become much busier as my manager has been visiting dealers in the Salt Lake City area and getting them to try out the CU. It's good because the days fly by, but bad because we are a little short-handed for the volume of work that's coming in. If we keep the same level of work coming in, though, we will be hiring additional help. Then the workload should even out a little. It's not so bad to be busy, though. Job security is important.
In unrelated news, I finished a new book yesterday by Guy Gavriel Kay called Ysabel, which was excellent. Any of you SF/Fantasy readers out there, I would highly recommend the Fionavar Tapestry trilogy and then Ysabel (which loosely ties in to the trilogy, but takes place 15-20 years later). One of Kay's influences was J.R.R. Tolkien and it shows in his writing. He's an excellent author. I have also been enjoying the Vorkosigan Saga by Lois McMaster Bujold. Her Chalion series is really good, and she has a new book out that starts a series called The Sharing Knife. Reading is great! (Also - Many thanks to Barb for the pictures. She is great about taking them when we are together. They make it more fun to post on my blog!)

0 comments:
Post a Comment