I can tell the story of the demise of the orange couch, though. Zak LOVES to sleep on couches, and this orange couch is the one he slept on for several years. I can't express how attached Zak is (was) to this couch. Barb and Larry have been re-doing some of the rooms in their house and the couch was sitting in one of the rooms that was being re-done. Also, it was pretty much just time to get rid of the couch. The cushions were all flat as pancakes and all the interior foam was disintegrating. Instead of doing something normal and sensible, like taking the couch to the DI or the dump, Zak decided that he needed to burn it. (And this only after much trial, tribulation, and dicussion -- he did NOT want to get rid of this couch and I did NOT want it to end up in the basement of some future house we will have one day.) Not only did he decide to burn it, he decided to sit (or stand) on it as it burned. I'm not sure where the motivation came from to do this... like I said, can't explain why.
Zak's brother Rhett decided to join him in this...adventure?...and so goes the progression of pictures above. They said it was pleasantly warm at first, like a seat warmer in a car. I guess it got pretty hot toward the end, so they had to stand up. During the time the last three pictures were taken, Rhett was saying, "I cannot abandon my post!" That part was pretty comical.
And where was I when all of this was happening?? Standing by, watching helplessly, trying to reason with Zak to get off the burning couch. (Um, duh.) Now that I think about it, I should've had my phone in my pocket just in case I needed to dial 911. But they got off before the conflagration reached too high, although the definition of "too high" is arguable. I kept thinking to myself, "These guys are so crazy! Why are they doing this?" I guess they were pretty entertained by it, and it will make a good story for posterity... of what NOT to do!

1 comments:
Glad to see Zak's creativity has not left him! Boys do such crazy things! I'm glad that you guys are going well, though. I really enjoyed the video of Mr. Freshman MC...quite entertaining! You guys take care and tell Zak to try to stay off of any other burning couches.
Post a Comment