There will be no nudie pictures (or any other kind of pictures on this post)…but to the satisfaction of all, our baby is a boy! Yep, for those of you who didn’t already know, I am pregnant and we found out on Thursday that our little baking bun is definitely a boy. We are both really happy and excited about the news.
I feel a need to explain the first line of the post a little bit. Zak and I co-authored this post and that was one of his contributions. He really doesn’t like naked baby pictures. And technically, since the baby is naked in the ultrasound pictures, Zak didn’t want to post any of them. He has vowed that there will be no naked baby pictures of our children.
According to Barb, our little guy looks like me. Zak says, “Hopefully it’s okay for him to have a girl face on a dude body.” I think our baby has a great profile. Very cute. And that’s enough said about that.
The current due date is August 1st, but at the ultrasound we found out that we are probably one week further along than previously thought, so that date might be moving up just slightly. In any case, we are hoping that our baby doesn’t take after me in that regard. I was due on September 28th and born on October 13th.
Zak is really looking forward to having someone he can wrestle with. I am not much fun anymore now that I fall asleep at 8:30 or 9:00 most nights. He says he’ll give our baby a break for the first few days after birth, but then he’d better be ready to rumble. I’m thinking there may be some maternal intervention should Zak try to wrestle with our newborn. (I’m just kidding, I know he wouldn’t do that.)
We wanted to share the news with everyone – have a great weekend!
How to homeschool a kid who hates to write
3 months ago

9 comments:
Congratulations!!! When are you due? And names are we thinking of. I think boys names are the hardest...
Wonderful news! How exciting. seeing pictures of my friends' babies is one of my favorite things, but I guess I'll have to give you a pass this time around. :)
I'm so excited for you. Boys are so much fun! I love having my boys. Tell Zak he may have to wait a few months, say ten or eleven, for the real fun wrestling to come. But, you never know, you may produce a new kind of kid!!!:)
btw, naked baby pictures are adorable, as long as the appropriate places are discretely covered. I just came across some really good black-mail pictures of Elias. He was such a cute baby(now he's a cute kid!)
Congrats (from Karen, too)!! Very exciting. And we are curious about potential names. I love wrestling with my boys. There's just something really rewarding about it...and it's fun to be a human gymnasium for the kids. Great times are ahead for the two of you.
--dave
How exciting!!!! Congrats! How are you feeling? Do you have any names?
I know what you mean about going to sleep so early. That was totally me. Get as much sleep as you can cause when baby comes, sleep will become a thing of the past.
Best wishes
Love,
Janay (Koutz) Hunt
Congratulations! That's very cool news. The world could always use another Lewis... and I look forward to seeing pictures of your clothed baby in a few more months.
Congratulations! Yay! You guys will be great parents. And I have heard that boys are much easier to raise than girls. Who knows if that is true.
Congrats! I'm a little late reading up on your news, but I've been entertaining my kids during their spring break! It's a full time job! I don't know about baby boys, but ages 9-11 have been pretty good for us!
Post a Comment