Not everyone is aware of this, but making a grilled cheese sandwich is an actual art. A few weeks ago, Zak, being the kind husband that he is, offered to make us some sandwiches while I fed Per. This was a welcome offer, since Zak generally does not trust himself to cook anything other than hot dogs or mac & cheese after a mishap with oil and water in a frying pan (the stove was on and quite hot -- let your imagination go!) early on in our marriage.
After the first three sandwiches turned out like those you see on the left, I offered to take over and make the sandwiches, which turned out like those you see on the right. You see? Making grilled cheese sandwiches really is an art.

2 comments:
Ahhhh...Dave and I have had similar experiences. I keep telling him, it's medium-low and steady heat that's the secret. If you turn the heat up too high, you char the outside and the cheese is nasty. Glad to know we're not the only couple experiencing this. :) Thanks for the laugh.
I learned "grilled-cheese-making" when I was about 12, and I've gotten quite good at it. You make a fine-lookin' grilled cheese, Sarah. I'm not sure why there's a fork, though... obviously I'm still not quite as advanced as you are.
Post a Comment