Thursday, February 21, 2008

Barrage


The show last night was GREAT! It was really fun to watch the members of Barrage play. I have no idea how they dance and play their violins at the same time, but it's pretty amazing to watch. My favorite songs were Samuel's Vision, Calypso Jam, Mountain Spring, Front Porch Jam, Karen's Air, and Tico Tico. All of the music was great, but these were my favorites.

I used to play the flute in junior high school. I'm pretty sure that I couldn't play the flute and dance at the same time. Then again, I have never claimed to have extraordinary coordination. Nor have I ever claimed to be any kind of dancer. So that counts me right out of the running for becoming a member of Barrage anytime in the future. Two of the people who were performing last night had seen Barrage in concert years before and thought that they'd like to do that. So they did! Of course, it helped that both of them had been playing the violin since infancy. What makes a 3- or 5- year-old want to play the violin? One of life's mysteries...

I would highly recommend the show to anyone who has a chance to go. Mom and Dad, they are coming to St. Peters in a few months. Check out their show schedule at http://www.barrage.org/.

2 comments:

S.T. Lewis said...

Cool... I would go if they came to Orem, but Ogden's pretty far for me to travel. Really I just didn't know they were coming until I read your blog that day. Barrage is cool... and they keep switching out cast members like Saturday Night Live.

Candyce said...

Wow! You have been a busy blogger. 3 new posts since I last logged on. Way to go! Well thank you for keeping me entertained. And I like your new blog style, its cool and fun.
Thanks for the compliments on my booth... Rhett took his comment back after he saw it all put together, so thats good. :)