My sister-in-law Candyce tagged me, so here’re my answers to the tag. And by the way, thank you for tagging me, Candyce! It gave me the motivation I needed to post since I haven’t done so for a while.
The rules of the game are posted at the beginning:
1. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
2. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
10 years ago:
I was 19 years old. I was a freshman in college at BYU – go Cougars! Winter Semester ‘98 was my only semester of boyfriends while I was in college. I dated four different guys that semester (but not simultaneously—I’m not that kind of girl!). I know one of them was named Jeff, but I don’t remember the other guys’ names. Sorry, but it has been ten years.
[Just a side note: After that spring and summer, I had a looong drought in my dating life until 2003 when I started dating again and finally met my wonderful husband!]
Five things to do on my list today:
1. Get a letter put in the mail.
2. Check my budget for the month.
3. Figure out something for Valentine’s Day.
4. Get a ton of Zak’s and my work clothes ironed (my least favorite household chore—but at least I can watch a movie or something while doing it. You can’t say that about a lot of household chores!).
5. Look up some new authors and books to see if the Logan Library already has them—we browsed through a bookstore last night (which Zak now regrets—sorry, babe) and I found some books that looked really good!
Snacks I enjoy:
Lately all my snacks consist of yogurt, granola bars, and fruit—apples, oranges, bananas, peaches. But if I had a choice of any snack without regards to how healthy or unhealthy it is, I would choose ice cream. Or a shake. Which is ice cream, so I guess that’s what it all comes back to. Oreos with a glass of milk are a pretty good snack, too.
Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
I would build a house in the country where it’s quiet, where nothing leaks, there are no mice, and the walls are not plaster covered with wallpaper covered with paint. There would be a dishwasher in a huge kitchen and hundreds of closets. Also, my bedroom would be enormous with its own attached master bath with a jetted tub.
Then I would pay off all my family’s mortgages, buy a new car despite the fact that it depreciates the minute you drive it off the lot, and I would buy a killin’ motorcycle for Zak.
I wouldn’t have to work anymore! Instead, I would take classes and learn to be a great cook.
Most of all, Zak would be able to follow his dream of having his own company, doing whatever he wants to do when he wants to do it, and not according to someone else’s schedule, and we would never have to be concerned about money again.
Three of my bad habits:
Trying to do too much (dishes, vacuuming, straightening the house) in the morning hours before work and ending up being late to work because of it.
Putting off doing the ironing until the stack is so huge that neither Zak nor I have clean, ironed clothes to wear to work and it takes me two hours to get through all of it.
Zak would say the last bad habit is a toss-up between my reading too much and my being too compulsive about cleaning the house. I don’t really think these are bad things, though.
Places I have visited:
1. Mexico
2. California
3. Washington, D.C.
4. Maryland
5. Washington
Jobs I have had:
1. cashier at Jack-in-the-Box
2. transcriber in Special Collections at the BYU Library
3. I worked at a meat packing plant and a cheese factory for one day each in Cache Valley
4. head judge at Creative Communications
5. loan officer at USUCCU
Five things People Don't Know About Me:
1. I really hate budgeting, but I am good with money.
2. I love just about all kinds of music, and I know lots of artist and song names. I would be great at Name That Tune, I just know it.
3. I can consistently beat Zak at all the Wii Sports except for tennis, much to his dismay.
4. I love watching basketball – especially the Utah Jazz!
5. I really don’t like traveling. I'm always excited before the trip, and glad I went after, but lately, I always get sick (see Vegas trip, St. Louis trip, Yellowstone trip, our recent cruise—although that “sick” was for a very different reason than the other trips). I would rather be at home with a good book, or just hanging out with my husband.
I tagged the Knutti Family Blog (which is lots more than five people, but I’m betting I won’t get much of a response from my siblings), Katie, JoLee, and Elizabeth.
How to homeschool a kid who hates to write
3 months ago

2 comments:
I did it...you can check out our blog. I'm probably as close to a sibling as you're gonna get. :)
--dave
Hey now.....the comment about the siblings was just low! I would like to spend more time at the computer but just don't have it. I will respond if I ever figure out how to do it. I'm not that great with this sort of stuff with smelly diapers and whining kids clouding my mind!
Post a Comment