Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Demise of the TV Season

I know, I know, this is unprecedented. Well, nearly unprecedented. I think I may have posted twice in one day before... but I don't remember for sure.
In any case, I found out some very disturbing news about two of my favorite shows today -- 24 and Heroes. Season 7 of 24 will not be aired until 2009! What a travesty! And the word is (though unconfirmed) that Heroes will go directly into production for Season 3, leaving Season 2 with a measly 11 episodes. Come on!
Here's the downlow on the 24 situation:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080215/ap_en_tv/tv24_delay;_ylt=Avk.UV9qcd9TSUO61IQdaAdpMhkF
All I could get from Heroes was chatter on the NBC site. There are some very devoted fans out there, that's all I can say. The IMers on the Heroes page were chatting about how Peter absorbs different abilities and debating as to whether he should have absorbed all of Sylar's abilities or not... or just the TK or whatever. That's a little too much time spent on that subject. I need to invoke Rule #4 on them: "The people on TV are not real people, so don't talk about them like they are."
So, really, it's not the demise of the whole TV season. It's just that I won't be able to watch new episodes of my two favorite shows for a long, long time. Sigh.
I guess there's still Jazz games to watch and enjoy. It was great to watch them beat Baron Davis and the Warriors last night. When Korver is shooting well, it's fun to watch him make those threes. Maybe they'll make it to the playoffs again this year... it's going to be about the only thing on TV anyway, so they'd better!

0 comments: