My brother-in-law Dave and my brother Michael have responded to my tag and I want them to know I appreciate it! It's fun to read about you guys. That's why everyone should do it!
Incidentally, Michael, I think that kid who was your comp was Elder Wiberg or Wybrow, not sure which. And he was from Hyrum. I remember driving up from Provo with you and Janet for his homecoming. It was my first ever visit to Cache Valley. Who knew I'd end up living here?
I guess I'll throw in a little update on our Presidents' Day weekend: On Friday night, Zak and I went to see the movie Jumper with Barb, Larry, Taylor, and Burke. It was okay. I won't spoil the movie for anyone who wants to see it by pointing out its inadequacies both in storyline and in acting talent. What I will say is that if you want to see a great movie with Hayden Christensen in it, watch Shattered Glass.
Saturday was a lazy day of laundry and a little bit of shopping. We ended the day by watching Mrs. Winterbourne, a movie with Shirley MacLaine, Brendan Fraser, and Ricki Lake (of all people). It is also rather light on the storyline and acting talent, but kind of fun to watch. Then, since my ironing was still not done after the first movie (though in my defense, I was eating dinner through the first part of the movie, and then it took nearly the rest of the movie for me to motivate myself to actually do the ironing), we put in That Thing You Do, which never fails to please. I really like that movie. Great job, Tom Hanks! Plus, I think that Steve Zahn is hilarious.
Sunday was church, of course, and then dinner in Millville. We also played a little joke on Rhett and Candyce that ended up backfiring on us a little. For Zak's birthday on the 7th, his mom, Rhett, Candyce, and Burke came to our apartment and filled it with balloons. Some had helium, some didn't. The end result was a room full of balloons that Zak wouldn't let me pop. He wanted to do something fun with them. This was a bit of a trial to me, as you who know me well will know that having balloons sitting around my front room (preventing me from vacuuming) for 10 days upsets my sense of order. In any case, Zak decided that the perfect use for the balloons was to take them to Burke's apartment and to Rhett and Candyce's apartment. We ended up tying some of the helium-filled balloons to Burke's door since we had no way to get in his apartment. We were a little luckier at Rhett and Candyce's and were able to get in their apartment. We filled their shower with the remaining balloons. Now, we thought this was pretty good (well, Zak did -- I was just the accomplice who would've been fine without the whole adventure). We then went home, took a nap, and later went to Millville for dinner. Rhett and Candyce came for dinner, too, and we all ate. Zak decided he wanted to go for a walk after dinner. As we walked outside and went past our car, we realized that it was full of balloons. Zak never locks our car when in Millville, although I think he should start. It's still a reflex for me to lock the car. They got us back good! Then we popped the rest of the balloons after we gave a few to Beck, Kaiya, and Crede.
Monday we did a little more shopping, of the grocery and household variety this time, and then I cleaned house (now that the balloons were gone!!) in the afternoon while Zak went to work with his dad for a few hours. It was great to sleep in on Saturday and Monday and has made it a little bit hard to get up the last couple of mornings. I'm taking full advantage of sleeping in while I can, though. So that was our weekend.
Tonight Zak and I are going to see Barrage, and I'm excited! It should be a fun show.
How to homeschool a kid who hates to write
2 months ago

2 comments:
Barrage?! What? I love Barrage... or at least I used to before everyone in the group changed. I'm sure they're still good. "Mountain Spring" is the best. In fact, I'm wearing my Barrage shirt right now (under the Barenaked Ladies one).
I know, right? Who'd've thunk that Barrage would come to little ole Cache Valley?
I'll have to let you know how the show is--I hadn't even realized that the group has changed. I wouldn't even know about Barrage if you hadn't introduced me to them, so thanks, Shane!
Post a Comment