So don't expect to get any from me. I'll do the best I can.
Today was very quiet at work. Sometimes that's a welcome break, but mostly I wish that there was a little more to do.
Thanks, Nicole, for correcting me on the number of children born in 2002. I don't know what I was thinking. Probably that the two nieces I forgot were born in 2003. Sorry about that!
Last night I attended an Enrichment meeting about self-defense with my mom-in-law Barb and two sisters-in-law, Britt and Candyce. I learned some cool moves, but I don't think I ever quite worked up enough anger to make my punches very meaningful. There was a guy from the sherriff's office there and he had some pads that we had to practice punching. It was probably a good thing to learn, though one hopes it is knowledge that never needs to be used.
Tomorrow is Zak's final, so tonight we are studying. Translation: tonight Zak is studying and Sarah is watching a movie. Then school is out for three weeks. Hooray!
I've been reading a book called The Two-Income Trap. Its basic premise is that most people who have children and are middle class will go bankrupt, simply because they have children. After the first two chapters, I decided to stop reading. It's kind of a hopeless outlook that's being presented, and since I don't agree with the main idea, I ceased and desisted. Back to the Wheel of Time series, I think. That's fantasy...much better than economics!
I hope this blog is worth the time spent writing and reading it. I struggle a little with what to write, but I usually just let my fingers do the walking and something ends up published. It's not usually very good or very interesting, but whatever. C'est la vie. More later!
How to homeschool a kid who hates to write
3 months ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment