Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Isn't that always the way?

Yesterday was not a fun day at work. It was really busy and we had a float teller filling in who didn't know what he was doing, so I didn't get home until 7pm. Zak decided that I need to go watch tv and have some dinner at the folks', so that's where we went. We ended up taking a short bike ride (well, I rode a bike, Zak rode a scooter) and then playing with a frisbee until it got dark. Zak decided it would be easier if we both sat down on the grass and threw the frisbee. Whenever it fell too far from either one of us to reach, he would yell, "MOM!! MOM!" and she came running to pick it up and hand it back to one of us. She is such a good sport. It was fun to play.
We had some rain last night, which made for perfect sleeping conditions with the window open and the fan going. I love summertime, but I love it more when I have air conditioning in my house. Zak has his final on Friday and then three weeks without school, which he is really looking forward to. He is taking five classes in the fall, two psychology, two English, and one general science class. One of the classes is young adult literature and he's got about ten books for that one -- we're going to buy them on half.com for about $50 -- and the books sound interesting. I will have to add them to my booklist from the other day.
I hope that everyone else is having a good summer. I hear that Karen and David got moved in to their new house okay. I also didn't remember that Karen was pregnant, so that was exciting news. Three boys in 2005, three girls in 2002. What an interesting pattern!
Well...it's almost lunchtime, which is always good. Today has been very quiet at work, and I'm not complaining one bit. I've been reading The Last of the Mohicans online at pagebypagebooks.com. It's a good book. I am steadily working my way through the list of books offered on that website. It reminds me to be thankful for the job that I have--it's not every job that I could sit and read most of the day and still get a paycheck on a regular basis!

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Holy Cow!! There were five girls. I must be getting old to forget a detail like that....