Wednesday, August 24, 2005

The Island: The Longest Commercial Ever

Zak and I went to see The Island at the cheap theater last night. While the story was somewhat interesting, the blatant product placement was a little disappointing. The first movie sponsor to show its face was Puma (maker of running shoes, for those of you who don't share my immense love of foot couture). Then came a string of additional sponsors: Aquafina, X-Box, MSN Search, Dodge, Honda, Hummer, Chrysler, and many others. There was even a part of the movie where I thought I was literally watching a commercial. Picture a close up of a blue and white bottle. You can read the label clearly (though I no longer remember what it said, so I guess it wasn't that effective) for about ten seconds, and then the actor comes along and picks up the bottle and the commercial's over.
Anyway, that was how we spent our evening--going to the movie and then to the grocery store.
Today work is very quiet (not unusual). I wish I had more exciting stuff to say! That's about all. I hope everyone's having a great day!

0 comments: