Thursday, February 14, 2008

A New Look

I decided it was time I gave my blog a makeover. It has been the same blah blah thing since I started it a few years ago. I have added the blogs of family and friends that I visit regularly, as well as a couple of lists of books and movies I want to see. Plus, two of my favorite websites -- NPR.org and Fantastic Fiction. I know, I am a nerd. I'm okay with that.
If any of you are avid readers like me, please compare and see if we are interested in any of the same books. I love being able to talk about a book I've read with someone who has also read and enjoyed the same book. Zak doesn't really get in to the same type of books as me.
To the Knutti little girls (you know who you are): there is going to be another Tamora Pierce book called Bloodhound which is in the same vein of storyline as Terrier. I was excited when I found out! The Lioness Series from my young adulthood are still some of my favorite books. Why do I not own them yet? I'll have to remedy that situation. I have also really liked the Twilight trilogy by Stephenie Meyer and am looking forward to the 4th book in the series which is due out in October. Those books I did buy because it was going to take way too long to place a hold at the library and wait for the books to come in. I could go on and on...
Zak got a phone call early this morning letting him know that PHS is having a snow day today, so he didn't have to go teach. Hooray! Instead, he went to work with his dad. Way to be responsible, Z. I wish that I got snow days at my job, but it's probably good that I don't. I'm sure that if I did, I would stay in bed and read all day, which is highly unproductive, while also being highly enjoyable.
I am also at work today, and I have been eating far too much candy. It's Valentine's Day. That's my excuse for my rate of candy consumption today. I hope you all have a happy valentine's day!

p.s. I am eating an apple now, and I had some carrot sticks at lunch. Does that negate any of the candy consumption? Please say yes.

7 comments:

David said...

Yes. :)

And I'm an NPR fan, too. Although, I just listen to it in the morning on my way to work. Then it's conservative radio during my lunch break and on my way home from work.

--Dave

P.S. - I like the new look.

David said...

I love it! And can I say that I managed to find both the Song of the Lioness and the Immortals quartets and I still read them every now and then. I havent read Terrier, is it any good? so is bloodhound a sequel to terrier? i am glad i am not the only one still finding joy in reading books that are located in the juvy section of the library! I need to get back to my fiction, i have been reading things like cultural literacy for kids and stuff like that. it is really interesting but not as much fun as Alanna and Daine. Happy Valentine's Day!
-Karen

Sarah said...

Oh, thank you, Dave! I am so glad that the fruit and veggies cancel out the candy. My problem today is that there is more food in the office - the table that holds the printer and fax also has a ton of food on it, including my favorite chips ever, Lay's salt & vinegar. There are valentine cookies, gummy hearts, and Hershey's chocolate, toffee, and almond nuggets.
And that doesn't begin to cover my desk snack drawer... Which has tootsie pops, reese's pb cubs, hot chocolate, several varieties of gum, and nerds. I brought an orange with me today, so I'll have to pace myself and not eat more candy than the orange will cancel out...
Karen, Terrier is about an ancestor of George Cooper and it's written in a really different style that was hard for me to get into at first. But I ended up really liking the book. And yeah, Bloodhound will be the sequel to Terrier. Also, some of the other books on my list to read are in the juvenile fiction section - I'll have to let you know how they are and see if they are good!

David said...

Eeeewwwwwww...gross! You like the salt & vinegar?!?! I do not understand how people can eat that! It makes me tighten my cheek muscles just thinking about putting that in my mouth! :)

We had a food day here yesterday...and it was good stuff! And then Karen made homemade chinese food for dinner and I was in heaven. And I'll probably get to heaven sooner than I want to if I don't go running tonight. :)

--Dave

Sarah said...

No way, man! Salt & vinegar are the BEST! Plus, there's a built-in control. Your tongue and mouth can only take so much before you have to stop. Otherwise, they are totally raw.
Food days are so good. And so bad. Sigh. Well, as long as we all keep exercising, we should be okay!

JoLee said...

Sarah, good to hear from you! I'm glad you found our blog so that I could find yours! I'm going to add you to our links and Google Reader and everything. So just know that I will now be following up on your doings :) (By the way, I love the Twilight series, and I just finished Libba Bray's trilogy. I'm cataloging all the books that I read on goodreads.com these days. If you don't already have a cataloging system in place you should check it out it seems like something you might be interested in. You can be friends with people and compare books are all sorts of great nonsense. Let me know if you decide to join.)

Michael said...

is that Jolee from BYU that you used to live with? if so, give her my best. um, oh yeah, i took the bait and responded to your tag, so enjoy!